I have worked with about 30 businesses using the NCR CounterPoint solution as well as spent time in Alpharetta GA meeting with the folks at NCR. I have a full functioning copy of NCR CounterPoint that I use for custom demo's, workshops, and at trade shows/expos.
- Great touch screen interface for museums and retail businesses that have items that can't be barcoded
- Very advanced solution when it comes to having integrated email marketing, online shopping cart, and running on a smartphone/tablet
- Users of the software can submit suggestions for adding new features to the software
- Software is very customizable
- Not the most responsive software in terms of overall speed if using features like customer tracking, pop-up product images, etc.
- Limited hardware options
- Requires a lot of training and patience to learn and use
- Multi-location capabilities are already built into the software
- Complicated pricing structure (this may depend on which NCR CounterPoint partner or dealer you are working with)
- somewhat confusing ongoing monthly and annual costs to keep the software updated and use all the add-ons
For retail stores with 1 to 300 locations, high technology needs, and annual gross sales of at least $800,000/location - NCR CounterPoint is a great solution. NCR CounterPoint is also a great solution for museums with multiple museum specific functions. There are also special versions of NCR CounterPoint designed for thrift shops/stores like Goodwill as well as hosted versions of CounterPoint to reduce IT expenses.
Are you in the US and in need of no cost retail point of sale advice? I'm happy to help and can be reached on my cell at 208-340-5632 (mountain time) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.