Very important information to pass along related to DirectPOS in Boise, ID and Spokane, WA. I will hit the highlights and you can always contact me via email at kevinantosh (at) gmail (dot) com or 208-340-5632.
- As of Today, Monday September 16th, 2013, DirectPOS has merged with Cowans Restaurant Solutions out of Salt Lake City, Utah. The new combined company will be called Spark Systems and will have a physical office presence in Salt Lake City, UT, Boise, ID and Spokane,. WA.
12/2/2013 Update: Correct new business name is Spark Solutions Group - they currently only have an office in Salt Lake City, UT and will only be supporting Micro's brand equipment.
- Because of this change, Spark Systems will only sell, service and support the Micro's and Aldelo point of sale solutions for restaurants and bars in Utah, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington State.
12/02/2013 Update: No sales or support for Aldelo.
- For those of you with cash registers (supplies, repairs, programming, purchasing), you can reach Rick Bier at Ada Cash Register (208-407-2202). Rick has extensive experience with cash registers.
- If you are in need of paper or ribbons for cash registers or kitchen/bar/receipt printers, you can also contact Rick Bier at 208-407-2202 as he will be your source moving forward for paper and ribbon supplies (and barcode labels as well I believe).
- If you are a NCR CounterPoint user, your information has been acquired by One Step Retail Solutions in Phoenix, AZ who will be providing support for your system. Note that One Step Retail Solutions will not have a local office presence in Idaho, Utah, Oregon, Montana, or Washington State but does plan to keep a technician on staff in the Boise, ID area.
- If you are using one of the Microsoft Point of Sale solutions (RMS Store Operations, HQ, POS 2007, or POS 2009), your information has also been acquired by One Step Retail Solutions in Phoenix, AZ but they have not communicated to me what level of service and support they will be able to provide.
12/02/2013 Update: Feedback indicates that One Step is not interested in supporting customers using the various Microsoft point of sale solutions (RMS, HQ and POS 2007/2009).
2/7/2014 Update: the former DirectPOS Micros technicians based in Boise are no longer employed with Cowans or Sparks. I am available to field retail, restaurant/bar and museum point of sale questions and can put you in touch with the correct resource as needed.