Update November 9th, 2014: Clover was acquired by First Data and relaunched. Still a great point of sale program but you are required to use First Data for all credit and debit card processing services which locks you in to a contract and is something that I recommend folks avoid doing.
I have had a couple of calls now from Clover point of sale users who mentioned that Clover may be taking a different direction shortly. The users mentioned a lack of updates and that critical functions like tracking item cost and purchasing/receiving functions are still missing from the software.
Clover has also communicated to me that they are moving in a different direction and didn't feel that they could support new customers so I am no longer offering the Clover solution. I already offer NCR Silver which is a little more advanced than Clover but lacks the button-based user interface that made Clover appealing to small food service businesses.
Aside from that, here are the changes to the most current version of Clover:
What's in this version:
- New Order Closeout feature for managers and admins to set every open tip to $0.00
- New Reporting tab to view and print payment, item, and discount reports for the day
- Ability to print items and modifiers in a shorthand or a different language on your kitchen receipts (alternate names option in Order Receipt setup)
- Split payments evenly up to 7 ways
- Enhancements for Magtek BulleT card reader
- Various bug fixes