Point of Sale Buying Tip: Vendor Selection
Some things to keep in mind as you start looking at who will provide your point of sale solution.
- Has References for businesses using their solutions in your area
- Has multiple solutions to choose from (not just one ‘canned’ solution)
- Provides a complete solution (everything that you need) to prevent the ‘blame game’ (one vendor blaming the other for problems)
- Provides what you need for training, installation and on-going support
- Provides what you need for IT services (backing up the software, anti-virus scans, etc)
- Has extended hours of support (especially support on evenings and weekends)
- Offers on-site support as required
- Offers managed services agreements so that one annual or monthly fee covers all software updates/upgrade
- Has positive reviews and/or BBB 'rating'