- Being non-PCI compliant
- Being vulnerable to virus and malware attacks (potential loss and/or compromise of data)
- POS software may no longer be supported if using Windows 7
- Peripherals like receipt printers, payment terminals, scales, customer displays, etc may no longer be supported
- Your point of sale Partner/VAR/Dealer/Reseller will no longer assist you
- You may not be able to use integrated payment terminals
You may want to take this opportunity to evaluate which point of sale software program to use and see if it is time to make a switch to newer point of sale software as you will likely already be investing in new computers. Keep in mind that the only way to by-pass this would be to use stand alone payment terminals and computers that have no internet access.
Questions or need some advice? Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-340-5632.