Wineries have some unique needs depending on size, customer base, online sales, distribution, and on site events. Many wineries have tasting rooms, offer tours, have on-site sales, a restaurant, a loyalty program, and distribute their products and/or sell their products online. There is also a seasonal factor depending on the location of the winery.
Smaller wineries whose annual retail sales are under $150,000 would find that a basic cash register or a simple cloud based point of sale system will automate some aspects of the business and provide basic sales and inventory reports.
Wineries generating $150,000 to $400,000 in annual gross retail sales will find cash registers to be too basic so cloud based mobile point of sale solutions are a good match.
For wineries exceeding the $400,000 mark, you are at the point that a true point of sale system is the route to take as you likely want some or all of the following:
- Custom products labels with extended descriptions
- Ability to sell products by single item or case
- Mix and match promotions (special price when 6 different type of wine is purchased)
- Promotional packages like selling the wine along with an opener and decanter
- Wine Club loyalty program
- Email marketing
- Ticketing/Admissions for events and tours
- Sample event tickets
- Food sales
- Wholesale product sales/distribution sales