- No one should be using Windows XP at this point
- You should be running virus and malware scans on a regular basis
- Your anti-virus and malware detection software needs to be updated every day to be effective
- Make sure that you have the correct firewalls and other security measures in place
- If you do not have the time or knowledge, make sure that you contract with an IT company or your point of sale provider to make sure that protection is in place to help prevent malware from being installed on your system and compromising credit card security
Full article can be found here: http://www.paymentssource.com/news/retail-acquiring/fraudsters-punk-windows-point-of-sale-terminals-with-new-malware-3021141-1.html
Are you in the US and in need of no cost retail point of sale advice? I'm happy to help and can be reached on my cell at 208-340-5632 (I am on Mountain Time) or via email at email@example.com. There is also a contact form to the right that can be used to reach me.