For those of you who don't want to watch the video, here is what I mention in the video:
The point of sale system that you are considering should have the following:
- At least 3 levels of security if role based (ie: “manager”, “lead”, and "cashier").
- Time clock only access if the system has a time clock function that all employees will be using
- Most common areas for employee theft are:
- No Sales/Voids
- Manual Price Changes
Other good security related setting to have are:
- Most employees should not be able to see cost
- Most employees should not be able to change item cost or quantity on hand
It may sound mean but employee theft accounts for nearly half of all retail theft!
Please visit my contact page for information on how to reach me.