- Microsoft and their various point of sale solutions - at some point we really need to hear more about the replacements for Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations and Dynamics POS 2009.
- EMV - this is still over a year a way (Oct 2015) but will effect everyone anyone who takes credit and debits cards. Start talking now to your point of sale provider or the company that handles your merchant services now to see what the plan is and how much EMV compliance is going to cost you.
- Keep an eye on the mobile solutions like Bindo Point of Sale (www.bindopos.com) as this latest generation of point of sale solutions are looking more and more attractive given the modest monthly fee that covers support and system updates
- Watch out for the "fly by night" point of sale apps. I've seen a lot of point of sale companies come and go over the last 15 years. Key warning signs that you may talking to someone who is not committed to a long term presence in the point of sale world:
- No toll free number
- Very basic website with limited information
- No user reviews
- Very small number of references
- The program or app was written by someones brother, nephew, etc
- They don't come across as understanding "retail"
- They are working out of someones garage or basement
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Things to Keep an Eye On
As we wind our way though July, here are some things to keep in mind for the next 12 months:
Can I help? If you are in need of some free point of sale advice, please use the contact form to the right, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on my cell at 208.340.5632. In addition to working with thousands of folks over the last 15 years to help them find the best point of sale solution, I have also now secured various discounts with trusted point of sale solution providers in the United States.