Many of you have been asking me what will and what won't happen on these days. Here is a summary:
What will happen:
- All support from Microsoft will end
- No new feature packs, updates, hot fixes, etc (although we have not seen anything for a couple of years anyway)
- No ability to add new licenses
- No ability to activate licenses whether new or existing (if you replace a computer, you will not be able to activate the RMS POS module)
- Support will be limited as Dynamics RMS Partners/VAR's/Dealers/Resellers will only have their own internal resources
- RMS will magically stop working
- You will lose all your data (assuming that you are backing everything up daily)
- Will support for payment processing cease since the software will likely no longer meet compliance with the payment processing industry?
- Will support for the various RMS plug in's and add on's end?
- Will the license swap program end for Retail Management Hero (yes it will! More information coming soon as this will end in 2020!)
- Will RMS be compatible with newer versions of Windows and SQL Server?
- How many current companies supporting RMS will continue to support RMS past 2020/2021?