Overall the feedback has been positive. Time was spent during the pre-sales process to ensure that the retailers knew some of the limitations within RMH when it comes to reporting and credit card processing. About the only issues that came up was needing to upgrade SQL server for 2 of the 5 customers and error messages when trying to edit purchase orders (which appears to have been corrected by upgrading to SQL 2014).
However, I was contacted by four retailers who went from RMS to RMH in 2018 and are both searching for a POS system to replace RMH. Main issues are the following:
- Having to pay for bug fixes (labor for re-installing RMH)
- General slowness of RMH (RMH is not like RMS speed-wise but is similar to other POS programs)
- Lack of drill down capabilities in Reports
- Lack of ability to add a new item at POS screen
- Poor reseller / VAR / Dealer support (these are Positive Technology and EZB Solutions customers)
This is making me feel somewhat better about RMH as a solution for new retailers as well as retailers using the Microsoft Dynamics RMS point of sale software. I will continue to keep in touch with these retailers and pass along feedback as time allows.
If you would like more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-340-5632.
Post a Comment