- The costs are very low. There are no software costs and the monthly rental for the payment terminal is reasonable when compared to paying outright for a payment terminal (breakeven is around 24-36 months depending on the model of payment terminal used).
- Upfront labor costs are high. To be honest, the only way for a reseller/VAR/dealer to make any money on a Sound Payments deal is via the upfront labor for installation. Plan on around $250 to $375 for installation labor per device and POS station.
- Initial install for just one payment terminal took 14 business days due to errors being encountered and then having to figure out who to contact for support (RITE? Sound Payments? Retail Realm?).
- Functionality appears to be what was promised: a semi integrated solution for Microsoft RMS.
- There is a limitation on what receipt templates can be used - at this time, only the "stock" RMS receipt templates work with Sound Payments. This has caused some issues specific to any custom receipt information and custom receipt templates. We are investigating this as of 1/23/2019.
- Long term use will have to be evaluated over the next 1-2 years
- Sound Payments team was very helpful but did make some promises that took 3-4 weeks to be completely fulfilled.
- Sound Payments was very communicative throughout the process which was much appreciated by all parties involved.
Have questions? You can reach me at 208-340-5632 or email@example.com