As I've already posted some information about Card Defender and links to videos showing how Card Defender works with RMS, here is a checklist related to some of the Card Defender options and requirements:
- Cabled Ethernet or Wireless?
- Available electrical outlet near where the terminal will be placed?
- Do you want to accept NFC/contact-less payments like Apple Pay and Google Wallet?
- Do you need to accept pin based debit?
- What company do you use for merchant services/credit card processing services?
- What version of the Microsoft RMS software are you using?
- How many check out lanes do you have?
- Are you using Microsoft RMS HQ?
- Are you using any add-ons for RMS like e-commerce or customer loyalty programs?
- Are you also taking phone or mail orders that require entering the payment information by hand?
As a reminder, Card Defender is the only EMV/Chip Card solution for Microsoft RMS (that I am aware of) that is processor agnostic, does not have any additional per-transaction fees, and does not have any contracts at all.
Always, contact me at email@example.com or 208-340-5632 with any questions or comments.