- Make sure that you have full access to all of your data (inventory information, customer information, history, vendor information, employee information).
- Ensure that all the information is backed up and accurate (good time to perform a physical inventory if you haven't done one in awhile).
- Ask what the options are related to importing all your inventory, customer, supplier, and vendor information in to the new system - usually this can be done for a nominal cost.
- Depending on your situation, you may not be able to transfer any historical information. Don't panic! What you need to do is make sure that you can run your old point of sale system for another year or so to access any historical information (eg: customer comes in and whats to buy exactly what they bought 8 months ago).
- Make sure that you have all the financial data and reports needed to account for the last 7 years
- Take time to learn and use the new system - there is likely a good reason why you upgraded or switched systems do get the most out of your hard earned dollars!
Monday, November 17, 2014
Best Practices for Switching Point of Sale Systems
I've likely covered this before but it never hurts to keep the following in mind should you ever need to upgrade or switch point of sale systems.
Those are the basics - Please visit my contact page for information on how to reach me.