One of the point of sale programs that I have worked with over the years is the NCR CounterPoint solution. This video covers some of the things that I like and don't like about NCR CounterPoint as well as a brief overview of the software itself.
The highlights are:
- A great solution for a larger single location retail store or for chains with up to 300 locations
- Very touch screen friendly for museums and similar organizations that have admissions
- Specialty hardware is available for tough environments like food service or nursery/garden centers
- Lots of high level functions related to email marketing behind the scenes, integrated online store, text alerts, and selling via both a PC's and iOS devices like iPads
- If your business is not generating at least $800,000+ in annual gross sales, you will never get your purchase price back in terms of ROI via increased sales, reduces theft, better reporting, etc
- Complex - takes a good 15-20 hours of formalized training to learn how to use NCR CounterPoint - this is not a "do it yourself program". The end result is that you have a very robust point of sale system that can do just about anything you ask of it, no matter what type of retail store you have or how many locations you have
- Ticket entry mode for stores that need to quickly process transactions like liquor stores and convenience stores
Great solution for larger single and multi-location retail store and museums whole sales volume and technology needs justify the investment.
Visit my contact page for information on how to reach me for unbiased point of sale advice.