New video discussing options for Dynamics RMS and HQ users as of December 5th, 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evVWS7dj0Bs
A quick reminder that sales of Microsoft Dynamics RMS and HQ to new users as well as mainstream support ends next year (2016) so please keep that in mind if you are thinking of purchasing RMS or HQ as point of sale software for your business or organization (not a wise investment at this point).
Update 28.June.2015 - special discount and incentive from a national NCR CounterPoint Partner for RMS and HQ users: http://retailpospondering.blogspot.com/2015/06/big-discount-and-incentive-for.html
As I have been asked to assist multiple retail stores using RMS to help determine their best course of action (which I am doing for free, by the way), I took some time recently to travel to Minnesota to meet with one of the largest Microsoft Dynamics Partners in the United States. Basically, here are the most recent updates related to Microsoft Dynamics RMS and HQ:
- Sales and mainstream support will continue to be available until July 2016
- Support for customers who maintain an annual software maintenance agreement will be available until July 2021
- RMS users who are current on their maintenance agreement will have a license swap option in the near future if Microsoft Dynamics AX POS or Dynamics Retail Essentials might be a better fit for your business
- Dynamics Retail Essentials was announced in May of 2014 but does not yet appear to be market ready for actual deployment (stay tuned)
- Microsoft is also working on a new point of sale solution designed for smaller single location retailers
The options basically boil down to what I have mentioned multiple times before:
- If you are current on your annual software maintenance and RMS is doing what you want, then stay current on your annual maintenance. You will have multiple options available over the next 1-2 years.
- If you are not current on your annual maintenance, you need to look at renewing your annual maintenance (contact your Microsoft Partner or myself for help) OR you need to start looking at other point of sale options (again, feel free to contact me for free advice)
- If you are not happy with RMS for whatever reason then you are likely already searching for other options
At this point, everyone using RMS has time to chart the best course of action unless you are not current on your annual maintenance and/or feel RMS is no longer the best solution for your business.
Can I help? Over the last 15 years I have worked with thousands of retail stores, museums, and government entities to help them find the best point of sale solution. You can reach me at email@example.com or on my cell at 208-340-5632