New video discussing options for Dynamics RMS and HQ users as of December 5th, 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evVWS7dj0Bs
A quick reminder that sales of Microsoft Dynamics RMS and HQ to new users as well as mainstream support ends next year (2016) so please keep that in mind if you are thinking of purchasing RMS or HQ as point of sale software for your business or organization (not a wise investment at this point).
In this video I share my personal experience working with the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management Store Operations (RMS) point of sale solution. I also very quickly show the main parts of the RMS point of sale module.
The key highlights are:
- Very flexible - can be user in nearly any retail store or museum
- Quick when it comes to running transactions
- Sized to work with nearly any sized retail business or museum
- Popular with government entities as well
- Lots of add-ons via third parties
- Big cost advantage over other PC-based point of sale solutions
- Dated interface
- Sales will end in July 2016
- There are license swap options that will be available to other point of sale solutions offered by Microsoft
- Must be current on your annual maintenance agreement to qualify for the license swap options
Great solution but getting dated and we need more details from Microsoft related to what Dynamics Retail Essentials will offer compared to RMS plus sales of RMS and HQ to new users will end on July, 2016.
Are you in the US and in need of no cost retail point of sale advice? I'm happy to help and can be reached on my cell at 208-340-5632 (I am on Mountain Time) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also a contact form to the right that can be used to reach me.
Post a Comment