New video discussing options for Dynamics RMS and HQ users as of December 5th, 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evVWS7dj0Bs
A quick reminder that sales of Microsoft Dynamics RMS and HQ to new users as well as mainstream support ends next year (2016) so please keep that in mind if you are thinking of purchasing RMS or HQ as point of sale software for your business or organization (not a wise investment at this point).
Update 28.June.2015 - special discount and incentive from a national NCR CounterPoint Partner for RMS and HQ users: http://retailpospondering.blogspot.com/2015/06/big-discount-and-incentive-for.html
Update 13.June.2015: A quick note that I have been receiving multiple calls and emails from Microsoft Dynamics RMS users looking to replace RMS due to the upcoming October 1st, 2015 EMV liability shift deadline as well as the "end of life" status for Dynamics RMS and HQ. I have personal experience with RMS users upgrading to NCR CounterPoint and would be happy to share - just visit my contact page for information on how to reach me. I can also put you in touch with a trusted NCR CounterPoint SQL partner.
One of the things that I try to stay on top of are user reviews of different point of sale solutions. The reviews have been the most popular posts on this site and have also generated the most phone calls and emails from folks searching for free point of sale help and advice.
While it is easy to link to a review, I prefer to paraphrase the review for the following reasons:
- Over the years I have figured out how to 'read between the lines' to find the key points of each review
- I'm also able to easily spot reviews that may have been written from someone attempting to increase or decrease a products reputation (not truly a fake review but a review written with an intent that goes beyond just sharing personal experiences)
- The biggest reason is that a popular point of sale software review website exists only to sell your information to multiple point of sale companies - that's right, they make money by selling your information
The most recent review came from a pet store. I honestly question the truthfulness in the review because the review was very negative and I know of multiple pet stores in the US using RMS and they are very happy with it. A careful reading of the review indicates two possible things that happened:
- The person thought that they could buy and setup the system without any help
- The person bought the system from a Microsoft Partner who either over promised and/or got in
"over their heads".
Again, I have personally worked with multiple pet stores who use RMS and it is a great fit. Hopefully, this particular pet store will find a new Microsoft RMS Partner to help fix things or the existing partner that the system was purchased from will step up and makes things right.
If the pet store thought that they could do everything themselves then they need to pay to have a partner come in and help get them up to speed.
Can I help? Over the last 15 years I have worked with thousands of retail stores, museums, and government entities to help them find the best point of sale solution. You can reach me at email@example.com or on my cell at 208-340-5632 for free point of sale help and advice.