- Make sure that you have the latest version of your point of sale software
- Check to see if your annual maintenance contract is current for support and updates to your point of sale software
- Look at a system "refresh" to see if any hardware, computers, or network equipment needs to be updated or replaced
- Compare merchant services rates - never hurts to check and see what you could save by paying lower fees for credit and debit card processing service
- Look at other point of sale systems before you commit to spending any money on your current point of sale system - a lot has changed recently and you may find that it is better to switch to a new point of sale system than continue to invest in your current point of sale system
Thursday, June 18, 2015
In Addition to EMV...
Since just about everyone is looking at hardware and software costs related to the upcoming EMV Liability Shift Date of October 1st, 2015 in the United States for card present transactions, this is a perfect time to look at other "housekeeping" items related to the point of sale system used by your business or organization. In no specific order:
Please visit my contact page for information on how to reach me.