- Solid solutions designed for any food or liquor service business
- Well designed hardware
- Flexible when it comes to programming
- Extensive reporting
- Large customer base
- Have to use their hardware and peripherals
- Not a "do it yourself" solution - lots of initial training and on-going support
- Somewhat traditional - not a forward thinking company (eg. last on the market with tablet solutions)
- Lots of add-ons allow the system to work in hospitals, hotels, and venues like event centers
The Needs to be Improved:
- If you have issues with your Micros dealer/partner it is very difficult to switch to a new dealer/partner as Micros assigns protected territories
- Expensive to make changes (eg. changing who handles your credit and debit card processing)
Micros has been like a 3M in the point of sale world. Solid and reliable but expensive and not the "latest and greatest". Of note, the 2 Micro's technicians servicing Micros customers in eastern Oregon and all of southern and eastern Idaho have quit so I'm not sure what level of service Micros customers in these areas are receiving currently.
If you are one of those customers, please do contact me and let me know. If you are searching for a point of sale solution for your restaurant or bar from a local company with local service (and multiple customers throughout Idaho) please let me know and I can put in touch with them.
Are you in the US and in need of no cost retail point of sale advice? I'm happy to help and can be reached on my cell at 208-340-5632 (mountain time) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Comment