OK - so with everything going on with the US economy and COVID 19, it is clear that there are still several thousand retailers using the Microsoft Dynamics RMS/HQ point of sale software that plan on using RMS/HQ past the July 2021 end of life date set my Microsoft. If you are one of those retailers, I have good news to pass along to you!
RITE, a Microsoft RMS/HQ Partner with over 12 support techs, will continue to support the Microsoft RMS/HQ point of sale software past July 2021. Of course, there are multiple stipulations as there will be zero assistance from Microsoft itself. Keep in mind that this is subject to change.
- Must be in the United States
- New or replacement RMS lane or HQ store license keys are not available
- Must be current on a RITE RMS Maintenance Agreement. The cost for a RITE RMS Maintenance Agreement starts around $810 to $1025 for 12 months of support for a typical single lane store. This price includes up to 5 hours of support. Lower pricing is available for retailers who already have a support package with RITE. Price could be as low as $215 for some retailers using Microsoft RMS who are already on a RITE support plan.
- Only common and current hardware is supported (eg: name brands like Epson, Symbol, MMF, Metroligic, Star, Honeywell, Windows 10, ELO, etc). A good rule of thumb is that, if the hardware or software is more than 5 years old, it will not be supported.
- You must being using Card Defender or stand alone payment terminals. Credit card swipes that are USB, serial/USB pin pads, or payment terminals that connect to RMS using plug ins (aside from Card Defender) are not supported.
Post a Comment