- Being non-PCI compliant
- Being vulnerable to virus and malware attacks (potential loss and/or compromise of data)
- POS software may no longer be supported if using Windows 7
- Peripherals like receipt printers, payment terminals, scales, customer displays, etc may no longer be supported
- Your point of sale Partner/VAR/Dealer/Reseller will no longer assist you
- You may not be able to use integrated payment terminals
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Last Reminder on Windows 7 End of Life
If you happen to still be using Windows 7 on your point of sale computers, it is important to note that all support for Windows 7 will end on January 14th, 2020. What does this mean? Basically, you will be using an un-supported operating system and will most likely need to upgrade to Windows 10 (and may need to upgrade your computers as well). Reasons for this include the following:
You may want to take this opportunity to evaluate which point of sale software program to use and see if it is time to make a switch to newer point of sale software as you will likely already be investing in new computers. Keep in mind that the only way to by-pass this would be to use stand alone payment terminals and computers that have no internet access.
Questions or need some advice? Please contact me at email@example.com or 208-340-5632.