Here is the advice that I have been offering in these situations along with the particulars that can effect the final decision:
- Do you still have the dongle or licenses keys for RMS?
- Are you current on your annual software maintenance or still have an RMS Partner?
- Are your computers and peripherals still compatible with RMS?
- Do you still have an RMS database with your PLU's/SKU's and customer information?
- What payment processing hardware do you have?
- Who provides your merchant services?
- Are you under any contracts or early termination fee's for your current software program?
In some cases, you may be able to simply go back to using RMS with little effort if you still have all the required hardware and stand alone payment processing terminals.
Otherwise, it may actually be smarter and less expensive to jump right in to one of the low cost direct replacement programs for RMS like Retail Management Hero or Cloud Retailer which allow you to take advantage of RMS user discounts, keep of your RMS data, and move to a POS system that is designed for 2017 and beyond.
Each situation is different so please contact me at email@example.com or 208-340-5632 for advice as I have worked extensively with RMS back to the QuickSell 2000 days and also have access to full sales and support capabilities for RMS, HQ, Cloud Retailer, Card Defender, and Retail Management Hero (RMH).
Post a Comment