- Schools are closed for 9 days straight
- The roof of your building collapses
- Your stock and technology products are destroyed by water damage
- Your sales decline by 95%
- Power goes out in -10 degree F temps
- Store stock is depleted
- Stock can not be replenished as trucks can not travel to your area
- Make sure that all of your point of sale technology equipment is documented for insurance records (make, model, serial number - pictures or videos are even better if they clearly show the actual equipment as well as the details about each product).
- Ensure that all of your data is being backup up offsite - whether that be a removable drive or to a cloud based backup service.
- Have good power protection in place (line conditioner, battery back-up, etc) to help prevent power fluctuation related damage to the hardware.
- Make sure that you have the correct business insurance to cover technology products like point of sale software and hardware.
- Do work with the business that sold you the point of sale equipment to provide cost estimates for insurance claims.
As always, do contact me at 208-340-5632 or email@example.com if I can be of further assistance - I have dealt with this on multiple occasions but this is the first widespread incident that has happened right where I live.
Post a Comment