So, many of you have been asking me whether the new Retail Management Hero software is really a new version of the Microsoft Dynamics RMS point of sale software. The short answer is "yes". Here is how this all came to be.
- Sales Management Systems (SMS) sold a point of sale program called QuickSell 2000 in the late 1990's via resellers and point of sale value added resellers (including myself).
- SMS released QuickSell Commerce
- SMS's products (and some of their employee's) are acquired by Microsoft
- Microsoft released RMS version 1.3 which offered a direct low cost upgrade from QuickSell 2000 and QuickSell Commerce
- Microsoft released RMS version 2.0 (and various updates and service packs)
- Microsoft shifts distribution of RMS to Scan Source and then Retail Realm
- Microsoft announces in 2014 that RMS is "end of life"
- Microsoft sells the coding and rights of RMS to Retail Hero in Canada
- Retail Hero in Canada and Retail Realm partner together to update RMS
- June 14th, 2016 Version 3 of RMS is released under the new name of Retail Management Hero
Probably boring stuff but you can see that RMS has a long history - as well as a user base exceeding 40,000 stores. The new version is of high interest to RMS users as well as retailers searching for a POS system due to the following:
- EMV compliant out of the box
- Low cost upgrade from RMS (starting at $232.00/computer)
- RMS users (in most cases) can keep their existing data and computers, cash drawers, etc
- New customer loyalty module
- Adaptable to nearly any type of retail store
- Overall investment cost will likely be around 30% less that similar systems
- Speed and reliability of an on-site POS system (not cloud based or "pay as you use")
Are you in the US and in need of no cost retail point of sale advice? I'm happy to help and can be reached on my cell at 208-340-5632 (I am on Mountain Time) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also a contact form to the right that can be used to reach me.
We use Microsoft POS 2009 - is there an upgrade option to RMH? We have one store.ReplyDelete
Hi - I am checking in to the options for POS 2009 users as well as POS and POS 2007 users - can you call or email me so I can get back to you with a more definitive answer?Delete
Do not upgrade to RMH. Horrible experience. Feel free to contact me. Does not even update inventory numbers!ReplyDelete
I would like to contact you as I am having similar experience.Delete
I am looking to change to RMH. Very interested in the problems you are having.ReplyDelete
Yes RMH is the upgraded version of MS RMS. If anybody like to integrate Microsoft RMS and RMH POS with eCommerce shopping carts then you can try our free solution that is powered by omnichannelcommerce.biz