Here are the service pack highlights:
- Detailed Sales report directly in Microsoft Office Excel with improved performance - You can now view the Detailed Sales report for all departments, categories, or suppliers, directly in Microsoft Excel with improved performance. For more information, see About Detailed Sales reports in the Manager View Help.
- Report viewing in Microsoft Office Excel - Certain
additional reports can now be viewed in your choice of either the
standard report window or Microsoft Office Excel. Simply select the new View in Microsoft Excel check box in one of these reports, and then click Refresh Report as usual. To view the list of reports that have this functionality, see List of reports in Manager View Help.
Note Consult with your Microsoft Certified Partner to have this functionality added to additional reports.
- New configuration option to disallow manual entry of weights when a scale is in use on a register - The store manager can now configure whether cashiers are allowed to manually enter the weight of an item while a scale is attached to the register. For more information on this feature, see POS Workflow Options in Manager View Help.
- NCWM NTEP certification 13-005 - Microsoft Dynamics POS
2009 Service Pack 2 is compliant with National Conference on Weights and
Measures, U.S. certificate number 13-005. For details, see About weighed items in Manager View Help.
Note This is applicable in the United States locale only.
- Support for the Ingenico iSC350 payment device - We have completed compatibility testing and provided some code changes in support of the Ingenico iSC350 payment terminal. To set up and install the iSC350 device, follow the steps in the Ingenico iSC350 setup document available in the Download section of the Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 SP2 download page.
Other ImprovementsIn addition to the new features listed above, Service Pack 2 includes fixes for the following issues:
- Payment processing settlement requests do not contain card-level information and could lead to higher fees.
- During label printing, long item descriptions overwrite the adjacent labels.
- The Sold Price values in the Detailed Sales report are incorrect.
- The days of the week headers in the graphs calendar in POS View display as Monday through Sunday instead of Sunday through Saturday. The days of the week do not line up with the correct days of the month.
- You receive the following error message when you try to tender a transaction with a debit card:
A problem occurred during payment processing verification.
Details: Error receiving response from Vital. Failed to Read SSL Stream.
- Credit cards that do not pass the Luhn algorithm fail to process. To resolve this issue, a new configuration option has been added to the Advanced Options dialog box for credit card payment methods.
- In limited scenarios, vouchers (gift cards) can be redeemed for more than their value.